Interview with my Three-Year-Old
It still feels impossible, but today is Evelyn’s third birthday! She is such an independent, determined, fun-loving girl, and it’s been amazing to see her grow into her personality these past few years. This year, we started going to ECFE classes (Early Childhood Family Education) for her, and I think she really enjoys going to “school”! Of course, her independent nature does make it difficult for her to want to listen to her teachers, and she looks for loopholes everywhere, but she also loves learning. She loves cats, playing with Duplos, reading books, and has also fallen in love with all things Peter Pan. In fact, we’re reading through the original story by J.M. Barrie, and she’s actually been paying attention!
I’m constantly in awe of her, and how smart she is, and I know all parents say that, but if you’re not going to brag about your kids, who are you going to brag about? She’s an incredible big sister, and we’ve transitioned to a family of four fairly easily, but I still cherish the time that we can spend together, just the two of us. We’ve been fortunate in that we can spend a little bit of time one on one every morning during Charlie’s first nap, and during one of those naps, I thought I would do a sit-down interview with her. I had originally thought that I would film it and post it on my YouTube channel, but it didn’t happen, so I thought I would record her answers here, instead!
- What is something mommy always says to you? No, no!
- What makes you happy? Charlie makes me happy!
- What makes you sad? Mommy makes me sad.
- What makes you laugh? Charlie makes me laugh!
- How old are you? Three!
- How old is Mommy? 5 months older.
- How old is Daddy? He old.
- What is your favorite thing to do? Play play-doh. I need to do that with Daddy when he gets home.
- Who is your best friend? Mommy my best friend.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? I want to be a fireman!
- What are you really good at? I’m really good at jumping!
- What are you not very good at? Blowing a candle in the laundry room. (I have no idea what she’s talking about!)
- What did you do today? We’ve been shopping for a new couch (We haven’t.)
- What is your favorite food? I like to eat lettuce.
- What is your favorite song? Row, Row, Row Your Boat and Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes
- What do you want for your birthday this year? A puppy! Like, a real puppy.
- What is your favorite animal? Um, I don’t know. A kitty!
- What is love? Love is like this (pointing to her tummy). I love you, Mommy.
- What does Daddy do for work? He does walking. He does running, too.
- Where is your favorite place to go? I really want to go to a bridge.
it has been amazing to watch you grow up these past few years, and I will be forever grateful that you made me a mom. I can’t even explain how much I love you, and how amazing you are. You’ve made me a much better person, and I love your outgoing personality! You’ve taught me how to genuinely love the people that come into our lives for who they are, and not who we might want them to be. I pray that you’ll always have that love of people and keep your adventurous spirit. You are going to do incredible things, my dear, and I can’t wait to see what life has in store for you!